15.11.12

Hello Yellow

























Yellow. Synonymous with optimism, laughter, happiness, good times and creativity. Used sparingly it's the perfect way to bring joy into a minimalist home. Yellow can also speed up your metabolism, now isn't that worth a try?

For that ultimate feel good factor just add this soundtrack:

Bombalurina - 'Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini'
Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - 'Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree'
Donavon - 'Mellow Yellow' 
Joni Mitchell - 'Big Yellow Taxi'
Coldplay - 'Yellow'
Black and Yellow - 'Black and Yellow'
The Beatles - 'Yellow Submarine' Elton John - 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' 

Sources 1/2/3/4/5

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Lovely pops of yellow ... so bright and cheery ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I painted our dining table and chairs yellow this year (they needed a fresh coat of colour anyway)
    I really love it. It's cheery and makes me happy everyday. I also think that yellow goes with many other colours (funny enough that it's so unusual in interiours, I think it's really versatile!). It goes well with blue and white, but it also works with green and red. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I love yellow and grey as a colour combination too xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yellow and grey too - love the dining area in the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow is my absolute favorite color! I had a yellow winter coat for a number of years, and it just made me happy in the cold weather.

    I had "Yellow" by Coldplay stuck in my head the entire time I was reading your post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow - a great song isn't it? Btw I can't thank you enough for including me in your list of 16 great small blogs and your kind words xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I love connecting with other People Who Don't Have a Lot of Stuff! ;-)

    And I like it when I find people who are as addicted to writing comments as I am...Keep up the good discussions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love yellow, like you say, it's such a happy colour. Just discovered your lovely blog and am your newest follower! Looking forward to read more of your posts. Love Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Katie, welcome and thanks for becoming my 25th follower xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving your comments. Keep in touch xo

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig