11.3.13

Softly


Sadly, my dear friend passed away yesterday.
My thoughts, love and prayers go to her family.

Words can comfort.
Here are mine.

Softly


On my journey

you held my hand.
A purple candle flickers
as I stroke yours.
Silence breaks as I 
struggle 
to find the words 
you spoke easily. 

I will take your hopes and dreams with me.

Your laughter, courage and open heart will be my brightly floating scarves,
my artist's palette,
my diaphanous wings.

My fears are not yours and my sorrow does not belong here with you.

I feel your strength 
my beautiful friend
and know this is not the end.

I must go now. 


Softly

I whisper
God bless
and kiss your head.

Image by Laura Evans via Etsy




SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Sorry for your loss - very beautiful comforting words. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. Truly beautiful words. Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss ... beautiful words ... thinking of you ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss.

    She will live on in your memories of times spent together and in your heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry, Claire. What a moving post. Take care. Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend. Thinking of you.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear your news. We had a friend die just over a year ago and I really understand the hole that leaves. This is a time when those words take care of yourself is important. Very much love, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sad news Claire and I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. The beautiful poem is a lovely tribute to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Thinking of you Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh i'm sorry to hear that. Big hugs to you and her family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry for your loss. That poem is beautiful. I just came across your blog and I'm really enjoying it and have followed you. I'm looking forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry for your loss. My best thoughts for you and your friend's family...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no Claire, I am so sorry to hear this, it is so awful when someone you are so close to dies. But what beautiful words, a lovely thing to do x

    ReplyDelete
  15. never easy to say goodbye to those we cherish. how lovely to have such comforting words.
    poetry soothes a sad soul. time heals.
    pve

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving your comments. Keep in touch xo

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig